6 DIY Doorway Decor Ideas for the Holidays

Home decor blogs have two effects on people: the first one is the initial “oh that’s so cute/fun/cool!” when they see a finished project. Usually followed by the realization that our homes will never look like the holiday-themed model homes we see in magazines and on Instagram accounts.

Not to worry! The good folks at JM Roofing may not be professional decorators, but we know how hard it is to make time to decorate our homes (and have them look good by the end).

Below, we’ve gathered 6 of the best (as in, best-looking in the least amount of time) DIY Christmas decorating projects. We hope you try a couple out (and relieve some pressure in the process)!

#1: Turn Your Entrance Into a Gift

We started easy on this one: all you need is two pieces of long fabric and a large, festive bow (available pretty much anywhere).

Source: https://pin.it/nzvofap4igqgoh

#2: Make a Candy Cane Wreath

We have a theory that only 3% of candy canes ever get eaten. Here’s what you can do with the other 97%! All you need to make a pretty wreath for your door is some string, a snowflake decoration (for the center), a ribbon for hanging, and 16 candy canes.

Source: https://pin.it/5mu2kimuspicuz

#3: Word Art (feat. a 3-Letter Word)

You can’t get much easier than the word “joy” when it comes to word art. Buy a “J” and a “Y” from a home decor site, and make a wreath out of leftover Christmas ornaments. All you need is some glue, and boom! Instant Instagram and Facebook cred.

Source: https://pin.it/rg2zgumhhdhxvu

#4: Use Leftover Boxes to Create a Pile of Gifts in Your Entrance

The human brain is actually hardwired to see piles of wrapped boxes as festive.*

*not actually true, but you get what we’re saying.

With all the empty boxes from your online shopping, you can create an awesome display of decorative wrapped gifts outside your doorway in no time (and get rid of clutter around the home). Just get some wrapping paper and some bows from Walmart, and you’ll be in business. Extra credit if you place the boxes in the center of a wreath or some garlands.

Source: https://pin.it/o3yzjqstpjpymk

#5: Fill Shutter Slats with Garlands

Have leftover garlands from Project #4? If you have shutters, use them! Just place garlands through and in the shutters as a homey, holiday-themed invasion of your windows.

Source: http://www.myhomeideas.com/?&Ntt=entryways&N=8255&view=gallery&sp=mostrecentedit&iid=newsletter-120320-entryway-statement&ad=5&dir=back&No=31

#6: Place All Your Christmas Cards on the Door in a Tree Shape

This is quite possibly the easiest project on the list—and it has multiple benefits! Gather up all of your Christmas cards from years past (or this year, if you’re popular), and tape them to the inside of your front door in a tree shape. It’s a decorative way to remind yourself of all the loved ones in your life (while getting rid of the piles of Christmas cards you have lying around the house).

Source: https://pin.it/7tvdddxd7gvqjb

Have any tips or recommendations? Comment on our Facebook page to let us know (and maybe give us a “Like” while you’re at it)!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *