A beautiful yard can help you enjoy more time outdoors and boost your curb appeal, and trees can play a significant role in the appearance of your property. Aside from beauty, trees have many different benefits when added to your landscape.
Take a look at the pros and cons of having trees on your property:
- Privacy – Trees of varying sizes can block neighbors from seeing your yard or inside your house, helping you to feel more comfortable with your privacy.
- Shade – Every balanced yard has a fair amount of shade, so you don’t always have to be worrying about too much heat and sunlight while enjoying your backyard space. Trees are a big asset when it comes to shade coverage.
- They become a part of your ecosystem – Trees are a beautiful part of nature and are great for framing your property, but more than just providing us with benefits, trees benefit your backyard’s ecosystem. Once planted, animals and insects will have shelter and food that will make them right at home.
- Root growth – The roots of planted trees can overgrow and interfere with other areas of your yard, which is why many are careful not to plant trees too close to the house.
- They grow slowly – If you’re looking for a fast way to boost your yard appeal, planting trees isn’t your best option. Trees take years and even decades to reach their full size.
- Storm dangers – When severe weather hits, tree limbs can break, and the tree’s base can be uprooted and potentially fall on your roof or in your home. This is why it’s crucial to trim branches and remove any trees with a weakened structure. If any trees or debris fall on your roof, call your local roofers to inspect and assess and fix any damages.
Contact Us Today for Siding & Roofing
The best way to up your curb appeal this season is by investing in comprehensive roofing and siding services. The JM Roofing and Siding experts are licensed and insured to serve you in Norwalk, Connecticut, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free estimate!